Sunday, June 13, 2010

Tyler's Ultimate

Wow, third post this week. I told you summer was slow :) Actually, I'm just trying to make this blog thing more of a habit, which for me, requires me to work on it almost daily. Let's see how June plays out.

Anyways. As mentioned in the previous post, I like to cook. I watch Food Network shows and want to cook most of the food I see the pros make. Tyler Florence from Tyler's Ultimate is one of my favorites. He calls everything - aromas, textures, etc - "beautiful" which gets a little annoying, but eventually you learn to love it.

The other day I watched the episode where he made Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars. Normally I'm not a huge fan of lemons, but I thought I'd give these bars a try. I had to use my cheese grater to zest the lemons, and I only had an 8" baking pan, but other than I followed the recipe exactly. It came out looking like this:


I had a hard time telling when they were done, so I may have overcooked them a little. Also, the wax paper kept ripping, which made it hard to lift it out of the pan (definitely not as easy as Tyler made it look on TV). I was going to show a nice picture of the plated final piece, but due to the difficulties with the wax paper, the cut up version did not look as pretty. Didn't affect the taste though - I'll make these again :)

No comments: