Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Mom's Weekend!

My mom came to visit this past weekend. Here is a picture of us:



No, this picture was not taken this past weekend, it's from Vegas. But all of the pictures from this past weekend are on her camera and I forgot to put them on my computer. Oops.

The weekend was FANTASTIC. Action-packed, sleep deprived, and lots of fun. She got in late on Thursday, so we just went to the hotel, had a glass of wine, and went to bed. Friday morning, we woke up and went golfing with my roommate and a 9-hole course in Venice. The course was ok - no water, few obstacles, but decent yardage. Plus, it was my first round using my 'new' (aka dad's old) clubs. Let's just say that I like the clubs. A lot. Moving on. After the game, we had a couple rounds of drinks at the 'clubhouse' then dropped the roommate off at the apartment. That night we went to dinner at the Stinking Rose (amazing!) and saw South Pacific the musical, which I enjoyed a lot.

Saturday, we woke up early and took went to my favorite breakfast restaurant, the Griddle Cafe. Now Dad is the only immediate family member who I need to take there. After breakfast, we went hiking at Will Rogers State Park and checked out Inspiration Point, which was a really nice view, though it was a little cloudy. Then it was off to Mom's first pedicure at my favorite place in Santa Monica, a little shopping, and I made Tyler's Ultimate Pork Tenderloin with Chimichurri, Pioneer Woman's Crash Hot Potatoes, and Mom made her tomato/mozzarella/balsamic vinegar salad. All in all, a very tasty dinner.

Once again, we woke up early on Sunday to play softball. My team was one female short, so Mom got to play, which was fun. Then we played tennis (I won!) and headed to see the Anaheim Angels play. Somehow I picked seats that were right in the sun and the genius that I am sat cross legged for most of the game, so I am now the owner of 1/2 a sunburned leg and a wonderful shorts line. I look like a freak. After the game, we headed to the Block in Orange County to do some shopping and grab a snack at the Alcatraz Brewing Company before heading home and lounging on the couch for the rest of the night.

Like I said, action packed weekend, but TONS of fun! Mom, come back soon, I miss you already!

And Dad, if you're reading this, I think it's time for a Dad's weekend :)

No comments: