Saturday, September 25, 2010

Finally


Alright, time for that update that I gave a sneak preview about FOREVER ago. Once again, I have failed at updating on a regular basis. To make up for it, here is a really long post (maybe) with lots of pictures (maybe).

First up:


A long long time ago (August), Goldstar had a special on tickets to The Groundlings. For those of you unfamiliar, The Groundlings is very similar to Second City - it's an improv comedy theater. The Second City in Los Angeles is much smaller than the Chicago Second City, and not nearly as popular. The Groundlings, on the other hand, is much more well known in LA. In the show I saw, I even recognized one of the actors from his multiple guest spots on tv, such as Friends. Bonus points if you can name the episode this guy was in:


Bottom line: The Groundlings was hilarious. And compared to Second City, there was a lot less political humor, which I enjoyed.

Next up:


That, my friends, is a delicious dessert cheeseburger. My friend's birthday was in August and since both my roommate and I were out of town to celebrate, we had a very belated birthday dinner party. On the dinner menu: black bean burgers and fries. On the dessert menu: burgers and fries. Weird concept? Yes. Awesome results? Yes. Check these out: 

   



This dessert treat messed with our minds. As Paul commented, it looked like a cheeseburger, and he expected it to taste like a cheeseburger, but it definitely did not. All in all a fun dinner, and I would definitely make these treats again. By the way, if anyone knows how to make these pictures show up closer together, let me know.

Finally, this picture:


This is my buddy Makai. He made the rounds:

Once again, these pictures are messed up. Suggestions welcome. Anyways. The pictures with Makai were from the Bahamas. My family took a trip there for the Labor Day weekend. It was AWESOME. We got to hang out at Dolphin Cay, stay at a paradise-like resort, AND eat at Bobby Flay's restaurant, Mesa Grill. The food was amazing, as was the company. Family vacations are way too few and far between. I think it has something to do with my living on the other side of the country, but that's just a theory. For your viewing pleasure, here are a few more pics from Nassau: 

A view of the ocean

Part of the resort we stayed on. It was made up of a bunch of different buildings. This was the main one, home to a casino, a night club, a few restaurants, plenty of bars, and a water park.

Mesa Grill! Delicious food - at least Shawn and I thought so.

Yup, Mom and Dad were there too.

Family pic with Makai

Pretty standard.
Now I am caught up through Labor Day. I think. Stay tuned for more pics from life in La La Land :) 

No comments: