Sunday, July 11, 2010
Mission Almost Accomplished
Today I woke up way too early and went to the 5k run. The weather was a little rainy, a little cool, and really foggy. Overall, decent weather for a race. Way better than the single digit temperatures we sometimes face at the Thanksgiving Turkey Trots my family does. Due to some traffic issues or miscommunication (or something), the race was delayed by about 30 minutes but no big deal. The results: I ran all but about 2-3 minutes in the middle, which I was pretty happy with, but obviously there is room for improvement. My pace was about as expected so again, room for improvement. I'm going to spare myself the embarrassment of telling you what my time was, just know I didn't finish last :) All in all, not a bad first 5k in normal temperatures, so we'll see what my future in running holds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment