Thursday, July 8, 2010

Half Way Point...and Temporary Insanity

In one of my earlier blogs, I stated that one of my goals this summer was to get through a modified version this work out plan (the link only takes you to the first week) that I started at the end of May. I say modified, because I crossed out all the non-running workouts and substituted in my own weight training (mostly squats, lunges, and push-ups, but not nearly enough of them).

Anyways, once I crossed out all the non-running days, I numbered all the running workouts, 1-24. I was hoping to get through all 24 days before this Sunday (more on that in a minute). Well, that didn't happen. BUT. I did make it Day 12, so I am halfway to finishing this running plan. Which doesn't seem like much, but it's about 6 more days finished than the last time I tried this, and I'm still going.

Onto the 'temporary insanity.' The reason that I wanted to finish this before Sunday is because I signed up for a 5k this weekend at Dockweiler Beach. I'm still participating, and my goal is still to run the whole time, I just think my time will be reeeeeeeaaaaallllllllllllly slow. But, as long as I run the whole time, and finish, I'll be happy. Wish me luck!

No comments: