Thursday, November 6, 2008

High Expectations


So apparently you all have high expectations for this blog. I apologize in advance if I don't meet those. Since I still don't have internet at the new digs, I am unable to post any pictures from my camera, so I thought I would just go with a movie review for the Changeling.

Starring Angelina Jolie and Jeffrey Donovan, it's based on a true story about a boy that goes missing and how the corrupt LAPD of the 1920's-ish found a different kid and returned him to the mother (Angelina Jolie), trying to convince her that it was in fact her son, and she was crazy not to believe the police. For whatever reason I looked up the history of the story behind it, which obviously gave away the ending for me, but the movie was still good. In terms of acting, I would give it an A. In terms of enjoyment factor, I would give it a C, just because it's not my type of movie (too depressing) and it was a little on the long side. Also, for most of the middle part of the movie, it was raining. Let me tell you, it doesn't rain that much in LA. I've lived here four months and it's rained twice, and it did not pour.

On a side note, before the movie, some friends and I went to a restaurant called Monsoon Cafe which was excellent. When you all come visit me, we should go.

2 comments:

michelle said...

How were the other movies on your 'recently seen' list? Not that Dude and I ever go out to see movies anymore, but just in case it stops raining around here, maybe I'll duck into a movie to wait out the sun.

Kelli said...

Secret Life of Bees - really good, parts were really sad. Based on a book I haven't read, but I would like to.

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist - one of those teeny-bopper movies that I love so much. Same classification as "John Tucker Must Die" and "Sydney White" but this was a little better than both of those.

Nights in Rodanthe - based on a book by Nicholas Sparks. The book is better, the movie took some creative liberties, but is still excellent. Bring the kleenex though.

The Women - Apparently I didn't pay enough attention to this movie because I realized two hours post-movie that there are no men in this movie at all. However, the movie is good - very entertaining.

Bangkok Dangerous - terrible. Bloody, gory, and the plot line is really stupid. Clearly I wasn't a fan :)